"WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER OPENS, BUT WE OFTEN LOOK SO LONG AND SO REGRETFULLY UPON THE CLOSED DOOR THAT WE DO NOT SEE THE ONE THAT HAS OPENED FOR US."

Followers

Hi everyone, welcome to my poetry site...

Saturday, January 2, 2010

What Is Welcome To The Machine??

I think some of you are really understood the meaning of this is all about.
It is actually quiet direct, because it has to.

The machine symbolizes society in it's most ample way. The subject in the poem is welcomed to the machine, and is told that EVERYTHING he did in his childhood and adolescence was that which was expected of him. It is pretty depressing since it it telling you that all rebel behviour isn't actually so.

It is made part of the machine, they even make profit with all the stupid people buying guitars tu punish their mas, and hating school, and thinkin they're nobody's fool when they are. I mean, these people have to BUY their guitars and specially buy stuff which they think will make them different, but actually is turning
them into a specially profitable part of the market.
nobody's fool, hah, my ass!

Same thing for the second part of the poem.

This is not far fetched at all, it's right there in front of your eyes. Note the following: "You bought a guitar to punish your ma, and you didn't like school, and you know you're nobody's fool, SO welcome to the machine.

It says SO welcome, which clearly means that what was mentioned before is the cause for which he is now being welcomed to the machine, even the guitar buying and the knowing you're no ones fool, unlike some have written.

If you think I've taken too many rare substances (I'd like to point out that I havent. Never.) please write! I'd love to see my points comfronted.

I don't by any means whatsoever mean to imply that I haven't had some of the attitudes I have called stupid.

But I think It is a very important thing to be able to recognize ones own mistakes. This is the basis to try to improve ourself and our surroundings.
I don't think it is the aim of the poem to insult anybody, but rather to open the listeners eyes, which of course might result a bit hard if they don't understand what they are being told.

No comments: