"WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER OPENS, BUT WE OFTEN LOOK SO LONG AND SO REGRETFULLY UPON THE CLOSED DOOR THAT WE DO NOT SEE THE ONE THAT HAS OPENED FOR US."

Followers

Hi everyone, welcome to my poetry site...

Thursday, November 17, 2011

End of Time


Everybody's waiting for something to happen
Everybody's waiting for something to see
Everyone’s want to ride for the flight
Everyone's waiting for news on TV

Rain lives at the end of the rainbow
The lightning shone across the sky
Everyone's looking, but no one is listening
Everybody wants to be in at the kill

Everyone's searching, but nothing's revealing
Everyone's looking for the reason why
Everyone's hoping for life everafter
Everyone's looking at death from the sky

Everyone's nightmares are going to happen
Everybody's ripping the mask from their eyes
Everyone's praying but no one's believing
Everyone's heroes tell everyone's lies

I wait for the signs
They tell me true
I see the signs of the end
In the eyes of the dead

So I watch and I waiting
And I pray for an answer
An end to the strife and the world's misery
But the end never came
And we're digging the graves
And we're loading the guns for the kill
Can the end be at hand?

No comments: