"WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER OPENS, BUT WE OFTEN LOOK SO LONG AND SO REGRETFULLY UPON THE CLOSED DOOR THAT WE DO NOT SEE THE ONE THAT HAS OPENED FOR US."

Followers

Hi everyone, welcome to my poetry site...

Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Sun in the Winter

Since you've been gone a while
That goes for the heartbreaking
There's a storm that's raging
Through my frozen heart tonight

I'd rather hurt you honestly
Than mislead you with a lie
And who am I to judge you
I just close my eyes and hide

I spend my time to think of you
It's almost driving me wild
I want to hold you til I die
Til we both break down and cry

I want you to be my breath
In my trip of grow old
At times I'd like to break through
And hold you endlessly

And here tonight I'm needing you
Close my eyes and I'm with you
I hold out my hands and I touch love
In the frozen winter time tonight

You know I won't be traveling forever
That's a heavy load that we bear
I never knew there was so much love
Keeping me warm night and day.

No comments: