"WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER OPENS, BUT WE OFTEN LOOK SO LONG AND SO REGRETFULLY UPON THE CLOSED DOOR THAT WE DO NOT SEE THE ONE THAT HAS OPENED FOR US."

Followers

Hi everyone, welcome to my poetry site...

Friday, June 10, 2011

Go Fishing


As bike go by I cast my mind's eye
Over back packs on green bubu
Beyond the horizon
Where dream makers
Working white plastic processors
Wearing shirt and short three quarter
Reach for the pie in the sky
Go fishing my friend!


We set out in the estate
With a bike full of problems about everything
About light devices
And how nice natural water is
We cut down some trees
And we trailed our camp
Through the forest glade
We dammed up the stream


And the kids cooled their heels
In the fishing pool we'd went
We held worms and we installed thems
And we practically lived off the land
You adopted a fish and ill
Whose mother was somebody's coat
You fed him by hand
And then snuggled snuggled him down
By the father's chair while I wrote
We grew our own maize
And I only occasionally went into town
To stock up on antibiotics
And shells for the dagger that I kept around
I told the kids stories while you worked your loom
And the sun went down sooner each day.


*Chapter three in which Naza has a work
And gets two plastics of worm
Friend...come on dude
Naza the old green motorbike stood by the side
Of the stream and he stood down under the sun
"Pathetic" he said, "That's what it is"
"Good morning Naza" said Ayim
"Oh" said Ayim, He thought for a long time


The leaves all fell down
Our crops all turned brown
It was over
As the first snowflakes fell
I realized all was not well in the camp
The kids caught bronchitis
The space oil ran out of gasoline
One weekend a friend from the East
Rot his soul
Stole your heart
I said "Fuck it then
Take the kids back home
Maybe I'll see you around"


And so...leaving all our hopes and dreams
To the wind and the rain
Taking only our stash
Left our litter and trash
And set out on the road again
On the road again


Bye Bye friend, Bye friend
You can bring Pearl she's a darn nice girl
But don't bring Court.

No comments: