"WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER OPENS, BUT WE OFTEN LOOK SO LONG AND SO REGRETFULLY UPON THE CLOSED DOOR THAT WE DO NOT SEE THE ONE THAT HAS OPENED FOR US."

Followers

Hi everyone, welcome to my poetry site...

Monday, February 1, 2010

A Poems To You

The sun rises above the hillcrest
As does the joy of my heart
Rays of warmth and love
From her I will never depart

Fresh dew upon the grass
Young birds chirp in their nests
I watch her gently sleep
My love to her I silently profess

I enjoy the stillness and calm
Watching as she smiles and dreams
She brings me to stillness and peace
Like that of a slow flowing stream

My heart and soul flow with love
And I smile as I quietly reflect
I’ve been handed a sweet princess
A sweet princess to love and to protect

A vow to myself I make
As she quietly sleeps away
To love and always cherish her
Until my last breath... until my last day.

No comments: