"WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES, ANOTHER OPENS, BUT WE OFTEN LOOK SO LONG AND SO REGRETFULLY UPON THE CLOSED DOOR THAT WE DO NOT SEE THE ONE THAT HAS OPENED FOR US."

Followers

Hi everyone, welcome to my poetry site...

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Nightmares

I was a young man, full of hopes and dreams
Night and day I scan the horizon, sea and sky
Sometimes things ain't what of they seem
Still I'm here to find the answer of the mystery

I close my eyes and think of home
Feel like I've been here before, long ago
Maybe tonight somebody's crying
The tears of a man fell in the midnight

I'm traveling on, far and wide
Is this the place where the living join the dead
So could this be the hour of my rebirth
Or have I died or will awake from dreaming?

Left me here in this place, so all alone
Like a dove lost his way in the sky
It's like I stuck in a middle of the sea
That there ain't no wind to fill my sails

I have lost and far from home
And you know from where I am belonged
Deploy your wings, send me back home
I wish I knew this was only a nightmare.

No comments: